Tuesday 3 January 2012

Breathtaking ... the Grandest of Canyons ....

Now, I've travelled a bit.. there are, still however, only a few moments that I have felt so overwhelmed, that I have been given goosebumps and been moved tears... A felucca on the Nile, balloon ride over the pyramids in Cairo, Petra, Israel, Eiffel tower, Prague are a few, now... I add the Canyon ...   last day in these parts of town ..  I am now sitting at Vegas airport waiting to board for London, up at 5am (people were still gambling and literally falling asleep at the machines) ...and I headed off for a tour to Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon ...  (I cannot link  pics at the minnie, because Picasa and I are currently arguing ..) but there is a couple of vids I took (Grand Canyon Eagle Rock & Grand Canyon 2 ). 

5th Jan - oooh, picasa and I have now made up, check here for pics ( Grand Canyon, Trailer Park, Hoover dam ..



After my Niagara experience I wanted to go to the least commercial area and chose the West Rim, mainly because unlike  the South and North Rim, Grand Canyon West is not part of the Grand Canyon National Park. It is located on the Hualapai Indian Reservation at the western Grand Canyon corridor, and those native americans have protected it perfectly ...  despite the skywalk being built (a glass ledge that hangs out over the canyon) and despite all the helicopters that fly through, it is untouched, no tacky shops and restaurants, just the canyon as it is supposed to be ....  I adored every minute I spent there ...

Boarding shortly .....
Farewell US of A - x

No comments:

Post a Comment