Sunday 15 January 2012

London calling, yes, I was there, too, An' you know what they said? Well, some of it was true!

London calling at the top of the dial. After all this, won't you give me a smile? London calling ...

again I bid farewell, it's official (and it's taken nearly 8 years) .. but London is now in my bones ...  mainly because for the last few months I have had time to enjoy it .. and the last few weeks of being London were truly phenomenal, I am now just as sad about leaving as I am excited about seeing Australia again.




I have just spent the last 10 days in Chelsea (I was never a fan of Chelsea before, but again like the rest of the place, it has really grown on me).  I guess when you live somewhere rather than visiting for a day, you get to see all the nooks and really appreciate the quirky things, places have to offer ... 

I was back in London for a beautiful wedding (I have got to learn how to hold back the tears at these things, start to finish blubbering mess) and a 40th (at which I catered ....) oh my ... it was a worry, given I have not cooked for myself for about 3 years ... 60 meals .... choice of starter (gnocchi, baked camembert, butternut squash soup) main (rack of lamb, my famouse vol au vents, butternut squash risotto) dessert (mini pavs, fruit salad, profiteroles) .. dare I say it was a bloomin' triumph ..  and I was organised ..  !!  will post pics as soon as they are sent through ... 
lovely surprise lunch with old colleagues (genuinely surprised and very very touched) ...

ate too much, spent too much ...  now off to Singapore ...

oooh BTW, if you are in London, do yourself a huge favour and pop into the little shops / market attached to Chelsea Gardener, (Sydney Street just off Kings Road), it is truly a hidden oasis ... el gaucho amazing steak, brilliant ice cream / sorbet place ...have the licorice ...and the most brilliant book shop (for gifts) sorry Daunt ... this may now lead my favourite book shop league ..  then just next door and down some stairs ... try the prawn laksa at Phat Phuc - this has got to be the BEST prawn laksa in London ...  ooo ooh and have reflexology at the walk in clinic (the purple one) ...  I have taken a little vid and will post here once youtube is being normal ....

x

No comments:

Post a Comment