Saturday 22 October 2011

CBTs London Life Update # 8 - uh oh did I say home !*?

so excited to be blogging !!  Lets see how long the novelty lasts eh !  Over the last few weeks I have been emailing my London Life updates .... now updates will appear here ...

oooh gotta stretch the brain cells to remember where I am up to...  it starts with a brilliant weekend a couple of weeks ago with a wonderful friend who visited London, and loves and indulges in it just as much as me ..

Started with cocktails at the Mayfair Hotel (we always seem to have cocktails) then off to see Naked Boys Singing (WTF ?! I hear you say, surely not) yep ... and it was bloomin' hilarious .... ! 


about 8 guys who share their individual stories before you get to the nuddy bit .... and the reason for the nuddy bit .... try and see it wickedly funny in a really cosy theatre and at a bargain of only £12.50 ...  where else in the world can you see 1st class theatre for that price..... ??  not too mention 8 willies all at once ;-)  finished the night with waffles and ice cream ....  life is grand ...


Saturday started at Harrods for brekky, I think we were going to see the Christmas shop, and on refelection we did not get there ... dunno what happened there ... traditional englisgh brekky is delicious by the way .... 
Off to the Enchanted Palace display at Kensington Palace, tells the story of the 7 princes that lived there in a fairtytale way ...  although I was slightly disturbed by the room of Princess Charlotte throwing herself down a flight of stairs ... with eerie writing of Charlotte and rose petals strewn about ....  then to Cellar Door the website says where 1930's Berlin meets New York basement dive, http://cellardoor.biz/ now my companion was not a big fan of this....  but I really love it ...  it is underground in the middle of the westend and it used to be a gents toilet, that has now been converted into a cabaret and cocktail bar ...  it is absolutely tiny, no bookings, only holds about 40 people .... we were admittedly very badly entertained by what was possibly the worlds worst drag DJ ....  but I guess that is what made it funny .... 

oooh then back to the old favourite the Piano Bar ..  where (I do kind of head down in shame about this one) are now greeted like old friends when we arrive, and are treated to free little drinks ...  (might be something to do with the ridiculous tips that we seem to pay at the end of the night ... stayed till closing ...  got kicked out but luckily the bar next door was open with the most amazing Boy George impersonator (oddly after Astro Boy, Boy George was my next childhood crush) .... sadly the next day I had to miss High Tea ... and spent a very sheepish day feeling sorry for myself .....

Then off to Norway ...... which I will post separately ....  but when I got back the Christmas lights had been hung on Marylebone High (not turned on yet) key in door and I uttered 6 little words to myself that I have not said for the 7 years I have been in the UK ......   'oh it's nice to be home'


 

No comments:

Post a Comment